23.3.06

Lynn,

I wanted to take this opportunity to give you my congratulations and my thanks.

Both of the classes that I have had the pleasure of taking with you have been insightful, eye opening, and full of many wonderful lessons. What I like about your classes, as compared to a lot of other university courses, is that what we learn with you is practical and can easily be taken with us into the real world, no matter where our career path may lead. Your kind heart and true caring nature for your students shines through in everything that you do. I only wish more profs could be like you- truly interested in your students well being and life in general. Your classes always seem to bring together a very intersting mix of people and this adds to the atmosphere of your classrooms. You should take pride in the fact that many of the students who take your classes are not humanities students (like myself) but hear such praise from other students about you that they take the classes for that reason alone. I plan to pursue a career in education and can only hope that one day I reach the point that you have where students have nothing but high praise for you and that they feel thatyou have really made a difference in their lives.

Good luck to you and I wish you and your family nothing but happiness wherever you may find yourselves. I hope that we can stay in touch as you would be an asset for someone like me to have as a contact while just starting out as a teacher.

Lindsay
lclapp@sfu.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home